Light six candles before reading.
God created people for relationship, for His glory. He gave them everything they could need or want. But they listened to the enemy’s lies instead. They no longer believed God’s gifts were enough. They turned their backs on God and lost their place in perfect friendship with Him. Now they saw pain and death in their future.
1. Read the passages above slowly. (Click on the passages for the link.)
2. Linger with them quietly.
3. Ask God what He is saying to you and how He invites you to respond.
4. Write out or say a prayer back to Him.
5. Thank Him for His message to you today.
Snuff out one candle. Do not light again until Easter Sunday.
Hold on, it gets better… His rescue plan would change history forever. He would bring justice for you and me. Need a sneak peek?
“He is the God who pays back those who harm me;
…and rescues me…
You hold me safe…”
(Reflect more on Psalm 18…)
More reflections to come…
Sources: Some of my own and some adapted from Noel Piper, http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/lenten-lights