Be Indifferent About the Stuff that Doesn’t Matter!
“Our world is full of distractions away from God. Don’t let your heart become indifferent to His presence and power in your life.
Jesus died to give you the life you could never have apart from Him—eternal life. And He will never, never leave you alone to settle for less than all He had in mind when He rescued you from your sin.”
Why You Can’t “Put God On the Shelf” | Ed Underwood.
“Some sins carry immediate penalties; their consequences leap into light at once. The moment a man commits them he is ruined. And we know that: perhaps therefore we avoid them. But there is another ruin quite as sure as that, wrought silently through deterioration of the years, and it steals on the spirit of a man so gradually that grey hairs are on him and he knows it not.” – George H. Morrison
Repentance is good for the soul. Stop and confess to God any sin today. There’s no condemnation in Christ! When we confess, He forgives and gives us His grace and mercy!
10 Questions to Ask Yourself:
1. When I wake up on Resurrection Sunday morning, how will I be different?
2. Is there a habit or sin in my life that repeatedly gets in the way of loving God with my whole heart or loving my neighbor as myself? How do I address that habit over the next 40 days?
3. Is there anyone in my life from whom I need to ask forgiveness or pursue reconciliation?
4. What practical steps can I take to carve out time for daily contemplation?
5. What spiritual discipline do I need to improve upon or want to try?
6. What are some things in my life that I tell myself I need but I don’t? Can I give one or two of them up for 40 days?
7. Why am I giving this particular thing up? How does giving it up draw me closer to God and prepare me for Easter?
8. What am I going to tell myself when self-denial gets hard?
9. Is it necessary/helpful for me to share the nature my fast with others or should I keep it private?
10. What do the ashes mean to me this year? What does baptism mean to me this year?
via Rachel Held Evans | 40 Ideas for Lent (2012).
“You cannot experience the fruit of the Spirit if you are believing a lie, dabbling in the occult, holding on to bitterness, sinking in pride, living in rebellion or sinning.” – Neil Anderson